Best Steel Toe Boots For Concrete and Flat Feet In 2017
Steel toe boots and other safety boots have some great usefulness what we already discussed here. In this article we try to find the Best Steel Toe Boots For Concrete for a long time usage along with what should you choose when you have Flat Feet.
Best Steel Toe Boots For Concrete
A lot of people may not know it, but the kind of flooring you’re standing in has an impact on your work performance and your overall health. This is especially true if you spend most of your workday standing up or walking around. The surface material will determine how much force and pressure will be transferred to your body, so you can expect some to be more forgiving than others.
Concrete is one of the least forgiving surfaces that a person can come in contact with. They’re made to be solid and hard so they can be durable. This quality also helps them provide ample resistance to the impact created by things that get in contact with them. A concrete surface may seem perfectly innocuous, but in reality, it can be one of the worse things to spend your day propped against, much more walk around in.
Working on Concrete: How Different is it from Other Surfaces?
Working on concrete is very common among construction workers that a lot of people pay no mind about it. It has been widely normalized so folks just the surface material is just often brushed off when it comes to searching for possible causes for foot and leg pains. What most folks should know is that concrete can be very difficult to work on or even with.
As they are designed to be hard, concrete can transfer a high amount of impact force on your feet and legs, making you feel more tired. If you’re really unlucky, it might even cause injuries and health problems later on. Walking, carrying heavy stuff while moving, and standing all day on concrete will expose your legs and feet to such high amounts of pressure and can lead to serious consequences and a lot of body pain.
What makes concrete widely different from other surfaces lie mostly on the resistance the surface can offer. While some people say that softer surfaces will put less pressure on your lower extremities, they can also be very unstable. The instability can then cause slippage and twisted ankles. They can cause serious accidents as well, so they may not exactly be ideal surfaces as well.
So, concrete may be hard on your joints and feet, but it can still be a better choice than others. Besides, there are a few effective measures that you can take to make concrete friendlier and safer to your feet, like using the best work shoe for the purpose.
What Construction Workers should Keep in Mind about their Footwear?
When it comes to work shoes for construction workers, there are two things that should be kept in mind:
- Safety: Working with heavy objects put construction workers always at risk of injuries. Making sure that their feet won’t be crushed, punctured, cut, or harmed in any way in case something falls on it is a must. This is why steel toe boots are mandated by law to be worn in construction sites at all times.
- Comfort: This might seem like a luxury for some but as construction workers are also always on their feet for most of the day, wearing comfortable shoes can really make a difference in their job performance. Painful feet can slow you down or even stop you from performing your tasks entirely.
Uncomfortable shoes can also make you feel tired easily. This will also prevent you from getting the job done easily and efficiently.
Additional Features are Also Essential
Aside from comfort and safety, additional features are also necessary, especially if you work in concrete all day long. As some construction workers are directly in contact with concrete slurry or the creation of it, they’ll also need certain things from their footwear so they can get their jobs done more effectively.
What is to Look for in Steel Toe Boots for Concrete?
If you spend more than two hours standing on or in concrete on a daily basis, here are a few things that you should look for in a pair of steel toe boots to ensure that they’re the right ones for your needs:
- Comfortable and Supportive Insoles: To ensure your comfort, the insoles that come with your boots should be supportive, shock-absorbent, and cushioned. It will ensure your feet’s comfort all day long, so they should be essential.
- Quality Upper Materials: Work boots get a lot of beating, so they should be made with high-quality materials to guarantee that they will last a good while. Even if you’re not planning to buy an expensive pair, the upper should still be able to withstand the wear and tear that it will experience in your workplace so you don’t have to worry about a boot that split open in the middle of the workday.
- Oil and Slip Resistant Outsoles: Being on a concrete surface and surrounded by heavy and sharp objects, tripping, slipping, and falling can be detrimental to your wellness on a construction site. To make sure that you’ll always be stable on your feet and you always have your bearing, slip resistant footwear is essential.
- Special Features: For those who work in concrete, special features are necessary. Waterproofing is essential. They also need to be washable and easy to take off. In most cases, boots made of rubber are the perfect picks.
For those who work on concrete, toe covers will really come in handy as they can minimize the damage on the toebox of your boots.
Top 5 Steel Toe Boots for Concrete
01. Irish Setter Men’s 83605 6” Work Boot
From the same makers of the Red Wing shoes, the Irish Setter 83605 work boot is deemed as one of the top work boots in the market today for its outstanding craftsmanship, style, and functionality. They’re great for all-around use, as they meet ASTM F2413-11 Safety Standards and offer electrical hazard protection.
While they’re only soft toe boots and can’t withstand compression, they are great for working on concrete. Thanks to their wedge sole design, cushioned footbed, and EVA midsole, they offer great comfort to wearers. The outsoles are also heat resistant and offer high traction, making them ideal for all kinds of surfaces, especially concrete.
- Electrical hazard protection
- Heat resistant
- High-quality craftsmanship and materials
- Comfortable insoles
- All-terrain outsoles
- Quite expensive
- Not for those who need steel toe boots
With support and comfort being very important for those who stand on concrete all day long, a very comfortable pair of work boots will be the perfect pick.
02. Wolverine Men’s Moc-Toe 6” Work Boot
Another soft toe option that offers great comfort is the Wolverine Men’s Moc-Toe Work Boot. These work boots stand out for its stylish design that will let you wear it anywhere but also won’t feel out of place in a work site as a steel toe option is also available.
But what really makes it great for workplaces is its comfort. The wedge heels offer ample lift to angle your feet. Combined with a removable, full0cushion footbed with a flexible rubber midsole and you get an excellent option for standing on concrete the whole day.
- Quite stylish
- Padded collar for additional ankle support
- Oil, water, and abrasion resistant outsole
- Comfortable, supportive, and shock absorbing insole
- Durable construction
- High-quality materials
- Available in soft and steel toe varieties
- Quite pricey
- Requires some breaking in
The comfort, style, safety, and durability of this product should be more than enough to tell you that it can be the best choice for a new pair of work boots.
03. Georgia Shoe Men’s 6” Wedge Work Shoe
Built for those who work hard, the Barracuda from the Georgia Boot is another top-notch choice for those who need the perfect balance of comfort, durability, and protection for their feet. Designed for farm and work site use, they are available in steel toe variety and are made with high-performance SPR leather that is u to 3 times tougher than traditional leather. These shoes can resist oil and chemical spills as well as abrasions not only in the outsole, but also in its upper. It also has a steel shank for added protection and stability.
- Highly durable
- All-around use
- Beautiful design
- Packed with safety features
- Great for concrete and other surfaces
- Soft and high-performance upper material
- Quite pricey
If you’re looking for a pair of safety boots for concrete with a little bit more protection and functionality, the Georgia Barracuda boot may just be what you need.
04. Wolverine Men’s W02421 Raider Boot
With the brand’s emphasis on providing comfort to their wearers, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Wolverine gets two entries in this list. Their Raider boot is rated to be a popular option from this manufacturer’s range because of its gel cushioning for the footbed, flexible midsole, and pressure pads at strategic points.
Safety-wise, you’ll get to enjoy a wide range of great features from this product. Aside from its steel or soft toe options, they also have excellent traction and oil/slip resistance. Some units also have electrical hazard protection.
- Footbed features comfort gel for superior cushioning
- Ample foot support
- Loaded with safety features
- Reasonable price
- Padded ankle support
- Needs some breaking in
With its wonderful features, it’s easy to see why the Men’s Raider Boot from Wolverine is considered as a solid work boot by many.
05. Muck Boot Adult MuckMaster Hi-Cut Boot
Those who work in concrete will need work boots made from rubber for quick and easy clean ups. The MuckMaster is definitely a solid choice as it is made specifically for industrial use. These rubber boots are not your regular wellingtons as they come with stretch-fit topline binding snugs that hugs your calves instead of gapes open for water and other liquids to pour in.
It also won’t hurt your feet on extended wear. They have EVA molded midsole with shock absorbing contoured footbed, wrap up bumpers for your toes, and Achilles heel reinforcements so your feet will always be in great shape despite all of your hard work.
- Temperature regulating
- Suitable for extreme conditions
- Very durable
- Comfortable insole
- Crush-resistant toe
- 100% waterproof
- Good for concrete, rain, and snow
- Quite expensive
If you often deal with cement slurry and don’t want to ruin your expensive work boots by wading in concrete with them, this is the best alternative. They’re completely waterproof so they should hold up well in jobs of the sort.
Best Steel Toe Boots For Flat Feet
With 20% of today’s population afflicted with flat feet, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that a good chunk of workers in heavy industries have to deal with their low arches while doing heavy jobs. Luckily, there are great steel toe boots that can effectively meet the needs of those with flat feet, guaranteeing ample support and comfort no matter what.
What is Flat feet and Why it’s Different?
Flat feet is a common condition that is characterized by a low or even no arch on the sole of one’s feet. This causes the entire sole of the foot to come in contact with the ground. It may not sound like a bad thing, but since this condition affects the biomechanics of the lower leg, it causes serious foot pains and discomfort. Some people are born with the condition, while others develop it over time.
Also known as Pes Planus, having flat feet is different from others with medium or normal arches. Without a foot arch, the body weight bore by your feet is not properly distributed all throughout your feet. This is why joint pain is common among those with this condition, as the hips, knees, and ankles are also forced to bear weight to ease the feet’s load. Severe damage on these joints are also possible to develop, especially if the condition isn’t dealt with right away.
Aside from joint problems, having low arches can also lead to a host of other foot and leg problems. Bunions, shin splints, tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, and arthritis are just some of the most common ailments that flat feet can cause.
Managing your flat feet is important to help minimize the pain and avoid the other complications that it can cause. Luckily, this can be easily done with the help of the right footwear, insoles, and therapy. Severe cases may require surgery, however.
What to Look for When Buying Work Shoes for Flat Feet?
If you have flat feet and you have to stand all day long for your job, finding the right footwear is important. With so many options and a special condition that will not suit every pair of safety boots in the market, you might need some help in finding the right pair for you. To do that, here are a few things that you should look for in a pair of steel toe boots:-
- A Well-Designed Insole: Your flat feet will require a good amount of support, so you should always look for shoes that can provide what you need. There are now lots of work boots that are specially made for those with flat feet, so you shouldn’t worry about your options.
If you can’t find a good pair that explicitly says they’re for flat feet, then make sure to look for three things in their insoles: arch support, raised insole, and cushioned heels. These will guarantee ample support and comfort for your feet.
- A Comfortable Fit: Those with flat feet are often prone to bunions, so they absolutely shouldn’t wear shoes that are too tight. Steel toe boots, however, are prone to be classified as such as they don’t really conform to the shape of your feet. By making sure to only choose a pair that fits you perfectly, you can prevent the worsening of your foot pains and developing another foot condition.
- Your Workplace’s Safety Requirements: Aside from your comfort, you should also look for the very safety features you need to keep your feet safe while at work. If your workplace requires strict implementation of safety footwear, go for the ones that meet safety standards and offer the specific safety criteria that matches your needs.
Top 4 Steel Toe Boots for Flat Feet
01. Timberland PRO Men’s Direct Attach Six-Inch Soft-Toe Boot
Timberlands may already be famous fashion footwear but no one can deny that it is still a utilitarian brand that found its fame for it durable work boots. These Timberland Pro Men’s Direct Attach work boots aim to continue the tradition with its top-notch quality and comfort that will suit your flat feet.
- Waterproof leather uppers
- Fantastic traction
- Good low arch support
- Stylish design
- Safety features
- Tricky sizing
- No steel toe variety
When it comes to a stylish and comfortable work boots, these Timberlands will be a great pick for those with low arches.
02. Thorogood Men’s American Heritage Oxford Safety Toe Oxford
While these aren’t exactly boots, these American Heritage Oxfords from Thorogood offers top-notch support for wearers with low arches. The insoles that come with these shoes have a slight arch support and a decent amount of cushioning which can already be enough for most wearers. As they are removable, you can easily opt to swap them out for specialty insoles for flat feet as well.
- Suitable for flat feet
- Meets ASTM F 2413-05 safety standards for its steel toe feature
- Fiberglass shank for superior support and safety
- Electrical shock and slip resistant
- Quite pricey
Those who aren’t keen on wearing boots and have to transition from office to work site on a regular basis will find these oxfords the perfect fit for their flat feet and safety needs.
03. Wolverine Men’s W04821 Buccaneer Work Boot
The Buccaneer is another top-rated product from Wolverine as it is very durable, like most products from the brand are, and comfort. It takes pride in its individual compression pads and comfort gel insoles that are designed to respond to the wearer’s movements, ensuring absolute support and shock absorption. As the insoles are also removable, you can further tailor-fit it to your feet’s special needs.
- Comes in steel toe and soft toe options
- Supportive insoles
- Slip resistant outsole
- Very comfortable
- Not puncture resistant
- No electrical hazard protection
Offering great comfort and support in one safe footwear, these Wolverine boots will surely help you stay on your flat feet for long hours without any risks of foot damage.
04. Caterpillar Men’s Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Toe Work Boot
Caterpillar work boots are all designed to keep your feet safe from all kinds of injury but the Diagnostic is one of the few that will fit well with flat feet because of its special contoured shape. This helps provide support to your every step, lessening the strain on your flat feet.
- Removable gel technology insole
- Waterproof but breathable
- Several safety features available
- A bit pricey
With its special design and supportive insoles, these boots can be a great match for your low arches and arduous heavy industry job.
Those are the choices for you who want Best Steel Toe Boots For Concrete and Flat Feet. Hope this will help you. Please let us know what more you want from us and Share if you like Feetstrap. Thanks.