Best Socks for Steel Toe Boots : Top 8 for You (Updated)
You can’t wear just any type of socks with your work boots. Steel toe boot socks are particularly designed for work boots. The best socks for steel toe boots will ensure your comfort when wearing your work boots.
Table of Contents
- Comparison Chart for Best Steel Toe Work Socks
- Top 7 Best Socks For Steel Toe's
- 01. Physix Gear Compression Socks for Men & Women (Editor's Choice)
- 02. Vitalsox Italy Patented VT1211 Graduated Compression Socks (Newly Reviewed)
- 03. Fox River Steel-Toe Mid-Calf Boot Work Sock
- 04. Dickies Men's 2 Pack High Bulk Acrylic Thermal Boot Crew Socks
- 05. Carhartt Men's 2 Pack Full Cushion Steel-Toe Cotton Work Boot Socks
- 06. Dickies Men's 2 Pack Steel Toe Moisture Control Crew Socks
- 07. Mens Heavy Weight Reinforced Toe Work Boot Socks
- 08. Light Hiking Socks by Thirty48
- Buying Guide Regarding Best Socks for Steel Toe Boots
- Things to be Look for When Buying Socks
Comparison Chart for Best Steel Toe Work Socks
Physix Gear Compression Socks
80% Nylon and 20% Spandex
Perfect for All Situations
Vitalsox Italy Patented Graduated VT1211 Compression Socks
70% Silver Drystat, 10% Spandex, 10% Lycra, 10% Nylon
Athletic Graduated Compression
Fox River Steel-Toe Mid-Calf Boot Work Sock
Perfect for Cold Weather
Dickies Men's 2 Pack High Bulk Acrylic Thermal Boot Crew Socks
84% Acrylic, 13% Nylon, 3% Spandex
Perfect for Cold Weather
Carhartt Men's 2 Pack Full Cushion Steel-Toe Cotton Work Boot Sock
White and Black: 70% Cotton, 21% Nylon, 8% Acrylic, 1% Spandex; Gray: 53% Cotton, 20% Nylon, 18% Polyester, 8% Acrylic, 1% Spandex
USA made, Thick, Cushy, and Durable
Dickies Men's 2 Pack Steel Toe Moisture Control Crew Socks
77% Acrylic, 10% Cotton, 9% Nylon, 3% Polyester, 1% Spandex
Did not shrink at all
Mens Heavy Weight Reinforced Toe Work Boot Socks
55% Cotton, 32% Polyester, 10% Nylon and 3% Elastane
Warm and Comfortable
Light Hiking Socks by Thirty48
50% Cotton, 25% Acrylic (vegan) Wool, 20% Lycra Spandex, 5% Nylon
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Top 7 Best Socks For Steel Toe's
01. Physix Gear Compression Socks for Men & Women (Editor's Choice)
This is a durable, comfortable, and well-designed compression sock. It adds another layer of protection to your feet when you wear work boots.
This can also reduce pressure on your foot in case you feel some tightness, especially when wearing a new pair of boots.
It is made of quality Lycra fabric, which has the ability to wick moisture. It can keep your feet warm and dry even if you are working in cold and wet environments.
This sock may be made of lightweight material, but it isn’t paper-thin like most of the compression socks in the market.
It comes over the calf. It won’t roll down at the top at all. Moreover, this compression sock is very easy to clean or wash.
- Very comfortable
- Made of moisture wicking material that keeps feet warm and dry
- Easy to clean and wash
- It may be a bit long for some people
02. Vitalsox Italy Patented VT1211 Graduated Compression Socks (Newly Reviewed)
Generally, people get the best performance off a product that is well-researched and well-designed. Because in these cases, user comfort and user experience are the major factors to manufacture a product. Vitalsox socks are of such category. To get the best performance from a socks for your regular use you should try it for sure. In addition, its graduated compression technique in the mid-feet is quite impressive because it provides feet an extra relief and comfort.
- Well-researched for better performance
- Well-designed socks
- Smarter look
- Appropriate for heavy use
- Convenient price
- Not for them who’re fond of US prodcuts
03. Fox River Steel-Toe Mid-Calf Boot Work Sock
This is a pair of thick socks that can make you more comfortable when wearing your steel toe boots. It may be thick but it can keep your feet cool during the summer months. This sock can also keep your feet warm when the temperature drops.
It will also provide superior cushion to your boots. Wearing it would enable you to walk more comfortably when you have work boots on your foot.
In addition, it can complement boots with internal metatarsal guards well. It will give enough cushion and support to boots with metatarsal guards.
Workers with fat fleet who have to endure 12-hour shifts will benefit from wearing this sock. This sock can prevent foot soreness, especially when paired with the right pair of steel toe boots.
- Stays cool in hot weather, stays warm in cold weather
- Provides superior cushion to boots
- Can prevent foot soreness
- Some users found it to be too thick
04. Dickies Men's 2 Pack High Bulk Acrylic Thermal Boot Crew Socks
These socks are made of moisture wicking materials—acrylic, nylon, and spandex. As such, it can keep your feet dry and warm, especially if you work in a cold or wet environment.
It also provides superior cushion. Your feet and legs won’t feel sore even if you have been standing for hours when you wear these. They are soft and thick enough to make your shoes snug.
The materials used dry faster than cotton. Moreover, it isn’t coarse to the skin so you would feel comfy when you wear them.
This is a knee-high sock that not only protects your feet but your calf as well. Plus, you will appreciate that this sock is easy to clean or wash. This sock also doesn’t shrink after washing.
- Provides superior cushion
- Made of moisture wicking materials
- Protects feet and calf
- Not ideal for use during the summer months
05. Carhartt Men's 2 Pack Full Cushion Steel-Toe Cotton Work Boot Socks
This is made of premium cotton. The material is known for its ability to wick moisture. It can help in keeping your feet cool even when you are working in an extremely hot environment.
It is also lined with Corolast fibers, which is known for its abrasion resisting quality. The fibers extend through the heel and toe, in the process improving the durability of the sock.
It has extra thickness in the toe box as well as the heel area. This design enables it to make your boots fit well. The sock also features arch support that holds it in place.
The material by which it produces varies from color to color.
For White and Black socks
the material is : 70% Cotton, 21% Nylon, 8% Acrylic, 1% Spandex
But for Grey Color socks, the material is 53% Cotton, 20% Nylon, 18% Polyester, 8% Acrylic, 1% Spandex.
This machine washable sock also doesn’t shrink even if you have washed them several times.
- Has extra thickness in the heel and toe
- Keeps feet cool
- Doesn’t shrink after multiple washing
- A bit expensive
06. Dickies Men's 2 Pack Steel Toe Moisture Control Crew Socks
This sock is made from various materials such as cotton, nylon, polyester, and Lycra spandex. It also has fibers that can wick away moisture and keep your feet dry.
It has ventilation channels and is designed to circulate air inside the shoe. This also is very important in keeping moisture under control.
The arch compression of the sock, meanwhile, provides added support and stability to the wearer. You can stand for many hours without your feet and legs getting fatigued when you wear these socks.
There’s also spandex in this sock, providing superior fit. This is responsible for the sock staying on top, and not rolling even after years of use.
Nylon reinforces the heel and toe area of the sock. This enhances comfort and support to work boots.
- Well made
- Thick but cushiony
- Keeps moisture in the shoe or boots under control
- Long, stretches up to the knee area
07. Mens Heavy Weight Reinforced Toe Work Boot Socks
These are comfortable to wear socks that you should get if you’re one a budget.
This sock should keep your feet warm and dry. This is made of 100 percent polyester, with just enough thickness to provide superior cushion to your feet.
The Mens Heavy Weight Reinforced Toe Work Boot socks are also very durable. They don’t shrink or lose color even after multiple washes. You can also expect these not to develop any hole even after years of use.
People don’t really buy socks because of the design. But in case you want to break from the monotony of wearing black or white socks, then you must consider getting this toe work boot socks. It has a nice black and grey color combination.
And unlike other socks designed for boots, this heavy weight reinforced toe work boot sock doesn’t have its heel area halfway up the leg.
- Keeps feet warm and dry
- Good design
- A bit short, doesn’t extend past the calf area
08. Light Hiking Socks by Thirty48
This one is designed for hikers. But it can also be used by people who wear steel toe boots. Workers who are often exposed to cold and dry conditions will find these socks very helpful.
It can, after all, keep your feet warm and dry even if you are working during the cold months. This is designed to reduce sweating, thanks to its nice blend of cotton, nylon, acrylic, and Lycra spandex.
It also has an elastic arch support. This makes the sock a great buy for people who have chronic foot and leg pain. The arch support also minimizes fraction while supporting the plantar arch of the foot.
Finally, the manufacturer of the sock, Thirty48, is known to be a very reputable firm. It has a solid customer support team. You can be assured of great customer support in the event that you encounter any issue with this product.
- Very comfortable
- Keeps feet warm and dry
- Manufacturer is known for its good customer support
- A bit short
Buying Guide Regarding Best Socks for Steel Toe Boots
It’s easy to dismiss that socks aren’t as important as your boots. After all, aren’t socks worn the same way regardless if you wear boots or athletic shoes?
But try wearing dress socks the next time you wear your work boots. Chances are, you’ll immediately remove them. They won’t make your feet comfy at all!
The truth is that socks for steel toe cap boots are specially designed for work boots. They can keep your feet comfortable and dry even if you wear work boots for hours. They can keep your feet blister-free as well.
Types of Socks
Socks for steel toe boots are just one of the many types of socks available in the market. Some of the more common types are:
- Knee socks—As the name indicates, these go up to the knees. This kind of sock is usually worn by school boys and girls. Soccer players are also known to wear this kind of sock.
- Crew socks—These have a height of six to eight inches above the ankle. This type of sock is very versatile because it can be worn for almost all sorts of activities.
- Dress socks— These go best with a man’s suit. It is made from different materials. The colors, though, stick to darker hues like black, grey, brown, and burgundy.
- Protective socks— This is where socks for steel toe boots fall under. Protective socks are designed to keep the feet warm during cold season. It usually is thicker than most types, while not compromising fit and comfort.
Types by Materials
Socks are made of various materials as well. Some of the materials commonly used are:
- Cotton: This is perhaps the most commonly used material. It is known for being comfortable and breathable. It is also great at wicking away moisture from the feet. But cotton isn’t exactly the most durable fabric out there. It fades and wears out very easily.
- Wool: This is a material commonly used in hiking socks. It is lightweight and more ‘breathable’ compared to cotton. It can keep feet warm and dry.
However, wool isn’t as cheap as cotton. Thus, socks made of wool are more expensive than those made of cotton. Socks made of wool may also be too thick for people who wear boots.
- Silk: This is a material which dress socks are often made from. Silk is very lightweight. It is also great at wicking away moisture. But silk isn’t that durable as wool or even cotton. Moreover, it is too thin.
The best socks for steel toe boots are not only made from a single material. These socks are made from a combination of wool, cotton, or synthetic fibers. The combination of material results to socks that are cheap, lightweight, and breathable.
- Bamboo: Bamboo fiber is a great material to make socks that are suitable for all seasons and all types of users.
Things to be Look for When Buying Socks
There are several things that you would want to look for when you are shopping for socks, such as:
- Padding : The padding on the ball of the foot as well as the heel can provide enough cushioning and protection. It can make a difference when you are standing for many hours. But you don’t want the padding to make the boot too tight.
- Arch reinforcement: Socks with a reinforced weave in the arch can provide superior support. This is very much ideal if you have high arches. It can prevent arch pain or plantar fasciitis from developing.
- Fit : When shopping for socks online, look for reviews on how they fit in the toe as well as in the heel. You should also pay attention to length of the sock.
- Washing Technique : All types of socks can't be washed in a same way. So, choose socks according to your available washing technique.
Here are some of the questions buyers usually ask before purchasing socks:
Question: Do socks for men differ from those for women?
Answer: Yes. Women usually have smaller feet than men. Their heels are also narrower. They also have more rounded toe boxes. Thus you shouldn’t use or buy socks designed for the opposite sex.
Question: Is cotton sock the best for summer?
Answer: Not exactly. While a cotton shirt can make you cool in the summer, the case is different for socks. Cotton socks can absorb sweat and hold it against your foot, resulting to foot odor.
Question: Can I buy socks online?
Answer: Absolutely. You just need to know your size so you can find one that fits. Most stores have size charts that you can refer to.
Don’t dismiss the importance of a good pair of quality socks. The truth is that the best socks can make a not-so-great footwear more comfortable to use. You can get the most out of your work boots when you wear the best socks for steel toe boots.