Best Compression Socks for Nurses : 3 Top Choices For You
Compression socks are also popular specialty undergarments for nurses. As they stay on their feet for long hours, they need to ensure that they’ll be comfortable on their toes. To do this, additional products that provide extra support, like compression socks, are essential.
Comparison Chart of Compression Socks for Nurses
Nurse Mates Women’s Compression Trouser Sock
12 - 14 mmHg
Dr. Motion Therapeutic Compression Sock
Male & Female
CPR Compression Socks for Women Men Nurses
How Compression Socks can Help a Nurse Whole Day Long
The very reason why compression socks come in handy for nurses is the fact that they offer excellent lower leg support. This design will help in:
- Improving the blood circulation in your leg which can relieve lower body fatigue and ache from your leg after it carried your weight for the most of the day.
- Minimizing water retention and edema in the lower leg.
- Preventing lactic acid build up in leg muscles.
- Preventing the formation of varicose veins.
All of these can cause pain and are often the results of standing on your legs for hours on end. By wearing compression socks, the discomfort can be alleviated as the pressure applied on your legs will provide a good boost to your blood’s circulation.
What to Look for in a Nurse’s Compression Socks
When shopping for the best compression socks for nurses, here are a few things that you should look for:
- Design: Most nurses don’t really need to bother about choosing a specific design as a lot of them wear scrubs that hide their legs while on duty. However, this doesn’t mean that you should just go for the first pair you come across with. There are tons of cute pairs that also perform really well. You can also find a wide range of compression socks with basic designs that you can wear with other kinds of nurse’s uniforms so you can be sure that you have ample options when it comes to these things.
- Fit: Compression socks only work if they fit you properly. So, no matter what the purpose you may have for wearing these garments, you should always look for something that fits you perfectly.
- Features: There are different kinds of compression socks. Some offer support for your lower legs, others for your feet. Most nurses need something that supports their legs, but you might also have some foot issues that these garments can address. Make sure to check what will suit your needs best to ensure the best results.
- Ease of Maintenance: Juggling a busy schedule, you might want something that’s fuss-free. Some compression gear is very delicate and require special care. Those products may just take too much of your precious time, so make sure to look for products that are easy to maintain.
- Compression Rating : The compression rating of your compression gear defines just how much pressure is applied to the wearer’s body. For nurses, mild compression will already provide ample support in most cases. However, it still depends largely on the wearer’s needs and comfort, so a higher level of compression might be necessary.
Top 3 Compression Socks for Nurses
Dubbed as an iconic duty-shoe brand, Nurse Mates is one of the go-to manufacturers of comfort for nurses and other professionals who need to stay on their feet for hours daily. Available in a wide array of styles and designs, these products will look great with just about any scrub suit set. Knee-high and equipped with 12-14 mmHg compression rating it promises to ensure your comfort the whole time you’re wearing them.
- Very affordable
- Comfortable fit
- Stays up
- Cushioned heel and toe pockets
- Soft microfiber material
- Few gender-neutral designs
- One size available
Nurses who like to wear compression socks on a daily basis will find these Nurse Mates products a great match for their needs as they are very affordable and provide ample support to their legs.
2. Dr. Motion Therapeutic Compression Sock
Dr. Motion is another renowned manufacturer of medium support compression socks which is why their products will also be great picks for those who need to sport such gear on a daily basis. Their Therapeutic Compression Sock is ideal for everyday wear with its 8-15 mmHg rating, comfortable fit, and adorable designs.
- Can also suit men
- Comes in packs of four
- Great value for your money
- Comfortable fit
- One size available
- Quite long
- No design selection option
Those who are after a mild to medium support compression socks that won’t break the bank, these socks can be your best bets.
3. CPR Compression Socks for Women Men Nurses
As nurses spend most of their days on their feet, it would also be a good idea to invest in compression socks as these are some of the very things that can keep you comfortable. If you’re thinking about getting some investment-worthy pieces, these socks may suit your tastes the best. Featuring 20-25 mmHg compression rating, they’ll provide some serious support for your tired and aching legs.
- Available in different sizes
- Cushioned sole
- Patented silver-infused nylon material to ensure
- A bit pricey
You should consider getting these socks if you want some firm compression and great support as you go through your hospital tasks.